Sunday, October 14, 2012

Little boys are made of super heroes, race cars, and sports

Before you say anything, yes the title was suppose to be stereotypical.

So right off the back this article has my attention, mainly because, to put it simple, I am a male. Shocker, I know.

"Boyhood is defective"(Kimmel, 157) This quote simply is amazing. I agree with this because the whole idea of boys being boys is slowly dying out. The idea of boyhood and boys being boys is not the same as it was. When I was a child, I remember being obnoxious, loud, rough, and dirty. This was once the social norm, but now it has changed drasitcally.

"If it's all biological, why is the slightest deviation from expected manly behavior so cruelly punished." (Kimmel, 158) So, this is pretty accurate. The idea of a man showing emotion is very frowned upon in society. Not saying that it is a bad thing to show emotion, but it's not socially acceptable to show it. Now, typically I tend not to show emotion in a public setting, like crying and such. Mainly because I was brought up with the notion of not showing emotion and that "real men don't cry".

Now this whole idea of letting a boy be a boy is great. Boys need an outlet and they need to have it when they are younger. With an outlet to let some steam off and get the testosterone flowing, I think boys would then be calmer and more relaxed. I always feel better after a good workout. Society is trying to limit this but it is needed.

A comedy show where someone argues why real men don't cry


Let me know what you ladies, and gentlemen, think about this video


Love this song and it's kind of stereotypical on being a mans man

1 comment:

  1. I think it's good to see a guys point of you. And I think you made a good point about needing an outlet. I believe it's needed in a society like this.

    ReplyDelete